Some days the words swirl in my head and I want to sit and talk through my problems and record the moments I hope to remember forever. To be able to give my kids the gift of my heart, how Momma saw their lives. But time is not my friend. These little ones are growing very fast and my head spins many times a day. How do you keep up?! An IV of coffee? I don't like the taste. Wine every night to help your brain slow down? Eh. Not a drinker.
The past few months have been a series of bend-til-you-break moments. Real, painful headaches, dizziness, feeling hopeless and stuck. But I feel now that I'm on the upswing. I hope so. I miss my kids and the calm times we had before Miles was walking. He is a full time job now which makes time with the others short and often interrupted. He takes so much of the attention, merely because he needs more protecting from himself. Geez, that kid falls a lot. He may be short but he is fast. And oh so fearless. Like his sister.
Miss Reese. Ohhhh my blondie. She is such a sour patch kid. She will hit you and with the same hand, stroke your face and say how much she loves you. She is so smart. I'm often blown away by her vocabulary and sponge like learning. Effortlessly she learns. She is so adventurous, nothing will curb her determination. I pray often that her strong will never goes away and it takes her far. She is far more motivated than I am. I have been working really hard to understand her personality more and how to really connect with her. Not everything works every day with her. Yelling sometimes helps. Other times I simply remind her twice. Some days she is so happy and sweet. Others she explodes many times. But we are still learning each other and I have to remember that progress is better than perfection.
No comments:
Post a Comment