"Peace is not the absence of trouble but the presence of Christ"-Sheila Walsh
Not only is Pinterest a huge time suck but it seems like I don't have to browse long to find something that sticks out to me. This quote was one today.
I have been trying to rebuild my relationship with God lately and at a time of so much uncertainty and what some people would call bad luck, I have more peace in my life than when things were going our way.
From the Great Flood of 2012, selling the business, losing another job to it being temporary, losing ANOTHER job because Hostess shut down, renting out the house and being classified as "homeless" on an assistance application, we really aren't looking too great to most people.
Some how we're managing though. We have moved all of our house to storage and are living with my parents. We are renewing our faith in God. We are finding joys that were so minuscule before. Like time at the park. Or on the road. Just to be out of the house some times is refreshing.
We're making it work. It's not easy but there is a peace in my heart like never before. We made it out of 2012 with bumps and bruises but we're alive and healthy. We even added another two feet to our family.
For a long time I prayed and prayed that God would break me down so He could build me up stronger, better. That I would be all that He has made me to be. Even in this stormy season, I can praise him and look for the beauty. It's taken some practice and patience but I'm getting there.
Peace. Contentment. Joy. Calm. My heart is filled with these things. And I couldn't be more happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment