Saturday, August 6, 2011

A semi-no-spend-week

I have been itching to do a no spend week for a while. If I'm not focussed on the budget I set for us, we get carried away and spend too much. So this week, I did a little trial run. I did okay since I know I could have spent more but I know at the same time, I could have spent less.

August 1-4
CVS Pharmacy: $2.66 (I had $20 in ECB to use so I ended up getting a TON of stuff for a little OOP.)
Walgreens: $8.09 (I had to use some RR before they expired so I got a few of the sales that kicked back RR)
Albertsons: $9.93 ( I have to ask hubby because I don't know what this is. It might be milk.)
Don's Country Mart: $19.68 (This was ground meat on sale for $1.99/lb for a couple meals this week)
Target: $45.78 ( I got Reese more formula, a shirt for a birthday party, and a couple little things that were free/cheap after coupon. Not bad since the formula is $32.)
I also spent $10 cash buying cereal and markers at Walgreens and drinks at Sonic during happy hour.

Total Spent: $96.14
My goal was $50-$100 and even though we were on the higher end, I'm okay with that.
I should also add that he gets paid a little extra cash and he must have been using that for cigarettes and drinks because he isn't getting the money from our checking account. Hmm.

Brad didn't pay himself from his last check at all so that was so nice! One of my goals is to have a few thousand in the business account as insurance.

Soon I'll be working on our end of the year goals! Household, financial, wants/needs and personal goals need to be kicked into overdrive! Excuse me while I run off to start looking for a food processor to make baby food!

No comments:

Post a Comment