Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Week in review- July 3-9

Time really has been getting by me. Craziness. So these were supposed to be their own posts but I'll shorten it up and do a best of. Here we go.

Sunday We had a birthday party for Brad's cousin's son. Cohen went down the big water slide by himself. He had such a blast!


Wednesday We had our designated "project" day. I didn't get a ton of pictures but we added another shelf above the washer and dryer and it is making such a huge difference. I don't have a final after yet. Still need to paint and pretty-fy! On to the downstairs bathroom. We took down the builder basic mirror with the plan to salvage it for the yard sale but it slipped a little and hit the top of the counter and split in half. We replaced it with a framed mirror we scooped up at WalMart for $40. We also took down the hot and ugly light fixture and put in one from Lowes. I'm so exited to almost be done with that room!
Sunday- Another project day. This light outside was bothering me. It was so blah! It drove me nuts that everything is black and this latern was bronzy- brown. The gold numbers also gave me a headache. I picked up a can of Rustoleum textured black can of spray paint from Lowes for $5.50. I took the whole thing apart and went to town. There were 10 of these little screw caps and I just knew I'd lose them but nope, got them all back up.



I'll have a quick before and after whipped up in the morning as I'm writing and snuggling Cohen. I haven't found the right place or way to use the house numbers yet. I've been eyeing some fun stuff on Pinterest and haven't made up my mind! There are so many options and I can't wait to show you some of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment